Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Awesome Beauty Finds! (dupes)

This is a new type of post that I hope to do more of in the future, I will be talking about neat beauty items I have found that you may not know about. These products will be dupes or close to dupes.

First is something I found and purchased on ebay. Now I'm sure most of you have heard of or may even own a sigma spa glove for washing makeup brushes. I was dying to have one when they first came out, what a neat idea but $40!! No way I was spending that so I got on ebay and was searching textured gloves to see if I could find something similar and I found a silicone oven mitt seen Here. I thought it was similar so I purchased it for around $12. There were other brands beside Norpro so it's just whatever your preference is. I have been very pleased with this glove, before when I used my hand to wash my makeup brushes wax and oil based products wouldn't come completely out of the brushes. Now I have no problem at all and I use it every time I wash my brushes, the textures really do make a difference. It may not have all the neat textures the sigma glove has but you can't beat the price and it works great!



Next up is the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System Brush. I absolutely love this thing! I definitely wanted a Clarisonic but didn't want to pay $200 for one so I went in search of a dupe and found this at Wal Mart for about $30. This came with a small tube of face cleanser, I wasn't crazy about it but I used it up. This brush has 2 speeds and uses 2 double AA batteries. Now the brush head on this one spins a complete 360 all the way around unlike the Claisonic which moves from side to side or so I've read. There are also replacement heads available for this brush. If you haven't spent the money on a Clarisonic, give this brush a try. I think you will really like it!


Next is a dupe for Victoria's Secret body mist in fresh and clean. I received a Victoria's secret gift set for Christmas last year and it had four mini body mists in it. The fresh and clean was my favorite out of them all, I just knew I'd have to buy the full size once I ran out. I went to Wal Mart a few months ago and noticed Calgon had some new body sprays out and I always have to smell them lol. I noticed the Heart Calgon Fresh Start Body Spray smelled familiar and I had to have it. I got home and found out that it was an almost exact dupe for the Victoria's Secret fresh and clean which is $18 vs Calgon fresh start which is $4. Found my new favorite body spray!


Next is not exactly a dupe but similar. I have been wanting to try the Beauty Blender sponge since I first saw it on a YouTube video. I just couldn't see spending $20 on one makeup sponge so I started looking around on ebay and found one that looked a lot like it. When it finally arrived I was disappointed in the size, it was much smaller than the Beauty Blender and even wet it didn't expand but is still very usable. I have seen Essence Cosmetics has a very close dupe for the Beauty Blender and plan to purchase one when I can find it.


Next is a dupe for eos lip balm, not that eos lip balms are expensive but Walgreens has put out a similar shaped lip balm and so far I have only seen one flavor, watermelon. The shape on the inside is a little different but the flavor is nice and it goes on very smooth. Also recently I have seen that rite-aid has a strawberry lip balm that is the same brand as the walgreens dupe for eos. The packaging is the same and the brand is Revo.



Last but not least is a brush set from Royal Care Cosmetics called premium 4 piece synthetic kabuki makeup brush set. I have read these are great dupes for the Sigma F80 flat kabuki, F82 round kabuki, F84 angled kabuki, and F86 tapered kabuki. Now I do not own any of the sigma brushes but from what I have seen and read these are great dupes. The set from royal care cosmetics is $20 for 4 brushes and the sigma brushes are $21 for just one brush. I love these brushes, they are wonderful! I have put them through rigorous cleaning with my brush glove and had no color bleed, maybe 2 bristles came out, nothing out of the ordinary. I think these are a great investment and I plan to purchase more brush sets from this company in the future.
What are your favorite dupes?

2 comments:

  1. good idea getting the silicone mitt instead of sigma mitt, $40 is a rip off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a brush glove.

    ReplyDelete