Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

e.l.f Cosmetics Studio Eyebrow Lifter & Filler Pencils

If you are one of those girls who has sparse eyebrows like myself then maybe you have heard of the e.l.f Cosmetics Studio Eyebrow Lifter & Filler Pencils. I wanted to give these a try since I have yet to find an eyebrow pencil I am crazy about. These retail for $3.00 each on the e.l.f website, currently there are 3 shades to chose from Dark, Medium, and Light. There was a Ash color available as you will see in this post but I guess e.l.f has discontinued that color, you may still be able to find that shade on ebay or amazon though.

e.l.f says:
Create polished and defined brows for a flawless fuller look! The 'lift' pencil's sheer light-reflecting pigments act as an arch support under the brows to enhance and outline the shape for a more youthful and awakened look. While the 'fill' pencil shades in the eyebrow to blend in the natural shape, fill in any sparse areas and define the lines.
 
I have had these eyebrow pencils for about 6 months, when I first got them I hated them because they applied to heavy and were too creamy. They went on  to dark and there would be chunks in my brows even though I used a light hand. After they sat in my drawer for awhile I decided to see if there was a way to make them work for me before I tossed them out. Much to my surprise they had gotten a little harder over time and were much easier to use, I still wish these were skinner and that could give them a sharper point then they would be easier to work with.  
 

Each eyebrow lifter & filler come with two sides the fill side which is the shade you fill your eyebrows in with and a lift side which is made to highlight under the brow to give more definition. You could also go around your whole brow with this like you would using a concealer. Every lift shade on each pencil is the same, ivory which is a pinky beige color. The cap on the fill end has a built in sharpener which comes in handy if you don't have a jumbo pencil sharpener.



                                    Here are pictures of the shades and some swatches



 Dark is for dark brown hair, Medium could be used for light brown hair but seems to have more of a reddish tone, Light is for light brown to dark blonde hair and Ash is for light blond to grey hair.
I would suggest having a light hand with these as they are very pigmented and creamy and possibly putting them in the refrigerator prior to application. If you get too much in your eyebrows you can always brush them out with a spoolie. What are your thoughts on these?
                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment