Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

e.l.f Studio Mineral Infused Face Primers

Every girl who wears makeup should have a good face primer! There are different primers for different needs and different skin types. Most primers out there are silicone based and blend in easily on the skin they leave a nice smooth canvas for your foundation. Primers help make your foundation last longer and also can help with discoloration and help hide pores. They can create a sort of barrier between the skin and your foundation. I have learned this can be good and bad, good because it helps the foundation from sinking in your pores and bad because it can keep bacteria and oil from escaping thus causing a break out.

In this post I will be talking about e.l.f Studio Mineral Infused Face Primers.There are 4 different primers Clear, Tone Adjusting Green, Brightening Lavender, and Radiant Glow available at $6.00 each. e.l.f says: Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish.

I have mixed feelings about these primers. e.l.f clear face primer was the first primer I ever tried and I really liked how it blended into my skin, it felt so smooth. The pump was faulty and would only dispense the product until it got about half full and I would have to unscrew it and dig some out. The green didn't do anything tone adjusting for my redness, the purple didn't brighten my face, but the radiant glow IS radiant!! The green, purple, and clear are all a matte finish and the radiant glow has shimmer in it. The texture of the clear and green are the same I would describe them as a mousse type texture. The purple is more of a lotion type texture and the radiant glow has a whip cream like texture.

All of these primers have a matte finish after they have been rubbed into the skin, except radiant glow it has a little more moisture than the other 3 and the golden shimmer flecks.




I do like the way these primers feel on my skin, so smooth and silky. One small pump is all you need, a little goes a long way! I know radiant glow might look a little intimidating but after you put your foundation over it, it balances out nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment