Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

FOTD

I thought I would share my FOTD with you! I have never done this before so I thought why not give it a try :) I love doing an eye look with a pop of color on the lower lash line and that's what I did today. The majority of products I used are e.l.f but there are a few more brands thrown in as well. I will picture and list all products used and explain how I achieved this look in this post.
1.) I used a combination of two face primers, e.l.f's studio mineral infused primer in Radiant glow and NYX pore filler. Sometimes I will use two primers mixed together if I want to achieve a certain look or if I feel like I need some extra coverage. The e.l.f radiant glow primer has a very luminous glow with tiny flecks of shimmer in it, when you apply it it looks like it may be a little much but after you apply your foundation it looks very nice. The NYX pore filler doesn't really fill my pores but I like the texture and it does give a matte finish.

2.) Next I put on my foundation and concealer, I used two foundations Maybelline Dream smooth mousse which is actually a cream foundation and e.l.f acne fighting foundation. I focused the maybelline foundation on the outer parts of my face and the e.l.f foundation on the inner parts. Then I used e.l.f studio HD lifting concealer in brightening a yellow color under my eyes in a triangular shape.
3.) Next I used the e.l.f contouring blush and bronzing cream. I used the blush just on the apples of my cheeks and I used the bronzer to contour a little in the hollows of my cheeks.

4.) To set everything I used NYX stay matte but not flat powder in nude on the outer parts of my face and e.l.f HD powder in corrective yellow on the inner parts of my face. The combination of the yellow concealer and the yellow hd powder REALLY brightens the face so I recommend only using it in the center parts of the face and under the eyes.

5.) My next step is my eyebrows, I still haven't found a good pencil I'm crazy about but I really like the e.l.f eyebrow kit in dark and the e.l.f clear eyebrow gel. First I use the slanted tip of the double ended brush and use the tinted wax to fill in my brows then go over it with the powder using the other side of the brush. The powder seems to make it look more natural and then I finish with the brow gel.
6.) Now it's time for eye primer, I love e.l.f eye primers if you haven't guessed already I am a e.l.f fanatic :) This one is the mineral eye primer in sheer I just blend it in all over my lids with my finger and let it dry for a minute and then I go over it with e.l.f matte eyeshadow in nude. I really like doing this because it just seems to lay a nice bright base for your eyeshadow.
7.) Yay eyeshadow time! First I used e.l.f cream eyeshadow in Teal Party as a base and patted that onto my lids with my finger, then I went over it with e.l.f mineral eyeshadow in Beachy and took it up above my crease and blended it out a little. Next I used e.l.f long lasting lustrous eyeshadow in confetti and put that on the inner corner of my eye and my tear duct area and also a little on my lid. I used e.l.f liquid eyeliner in black and did a winged eyeliner and on my bottom waterline I used e.l.f shimmer eyeliner pencil in twinkle teal and set it with e.l.f mineral eyeshadow in dreamy.

8.) To finish up the eye I used e.l.f mascaras in volume plumping and mineral infused followed by salon perfect demi wispies and revlon precision lash glue.

9.) Last but not least the lips! I always use a lip balm before I apply any other lip products and I have been loving the nivea lip tin in vanilla & macadamia kiss. First I went over my lips with e.l.f matte lip color in natural, then I went over that with maybelline color sensational lipstick in sparkling sand (smells SO good!) Next just in the center of the lips I used a little of the e.l.f pout perfecter and for the cupids bow I used the e.l.f lip definer and shaper pencil, the shaper side is great highlighting the cupids bow!
I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for checking it out! :)










2 comments:

  1. Really sweet look. Love how detailed your swatch pics are! Keep up the good work!

    http://muaculous.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete