Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Coastal Scents Smokey Palette

In my last order I placed with Coastal Scents I ordered this palette, at first I was thinking what about this palette is smokey? Usually when I think of smokey eye I think of whites, silver, blacks, browns and even purples but this has a variety of shades and many of them are very bright and vivid. I have really seen the smokey eye evolve from just your basic black to green, purple, blue and other colors as well. It is amazing the looks you can create to put a spin on a traditional eye look.

The packaging is a thin black matte case with a snap shut lid like many of the other coastal scents palettes.  This palette retails for $20 and has 36 shades the size of the pans are smaller than the hot pots but bigger than the shadows in the 88 palettes I would say about the size of a nickle. There are 12 matte shades, 7 satin shades, 14 shimmer shades, and 3 glitter shades. On most of my eye looks I like to use a combination of shimmer and matte shades, I just feel like it evens everything out and pulls the look together nicely.



Coastal Scents has sectioned these eyeshadows in their own groups of 6 so the shades all coordinate together.

Section 1. Neutrals
Section 2. Greens
Section 3. Purples
Section 4. Silver/Black- (Traditional Smokey eye colors)
Section 5. Blues
Section 6. Pinks



The looks you can do with this palette are endless, so many shades to choose from and of course you can branch out of the sections to create your own colorful masterpiece! These eyeshadows are really hit and miss as you will be able to tell below I have swatches of each group of shades.

                                                                       1-Neutrals

                                                                       2-Greens

                                                                       3-Purples

                                                                        4-Blacks 

                                                                        5-Blues 

                                                                          6-Pinks 
 Have you tried this palette? What are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment