Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

e.l.f Jumbo Eyeshadow Sticks

The e.l.f jumbo eyeshadow sticks are part of the essential line and cost $2.00 each on the e.l.f website. There are 10 shades available Little Miss Thing, French Lace, Rock Out, Bali Bound, Turkish Coffee, Feeling Lucky, Forest Nymph, Check Me Out, Like A Boss, and Midnight Rendezvous. I will talk about all of them in this post. 

e.l.f says: This creamy and pigment rich Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick is perfect for creating a natural or smoky eyeshadow look. Infused with nourishing Vitamin E to condition the delicate eye area. The twist up component and smooth glide formula is easy to use for on-the-go beauty. All colors, except Like A Boss, have a shimmer finish. For best results apply e.l.f. eyelid primer prior to adding color for long-lasting wear. Draw stick along the eyelid and lash line and blend in with a brush or with your fingertip.

These contain coconut oil which may be why they crease so easily. I tried wearing these with only primer and they creased within one hour. Next I wore them with primer and a eyeshadow on top, again it creased in a little over an hour. On the water line they aren't that great as well because of how fast they crease. I had high hopes for these and the shades are very nice but with creasing they are basically useless. The texture is great they go on so smooth but the creasing!! :/










If you are curious about these I'd have to say skip them. They are great except for the creasing! Have you tried them? Tell me about your experience with them.

6 comments:

  1. I love these pencils! I have two, French Lace and Turkish coffee.
    French lace is pretty much useless since, as you said, these crease terribly. Not to mention that French Lace is just an awful color overall with all that horrible chunky glitter.

    Turkish Coffee, however, is something that I use almost every day. I use it as an eyeliner rather than a shadow, since i have a really hard time working with regular pencil liners for whatever reason. As a liner, this goes on really smoothly, can be blended out a little if you make a mistake, and sticks like nothing else (I don't know why they have such terrible staying power all over the lid but stay just fine if you only use a little).
    I'd recommend these to people like me who dislike pencil liners but want something faster and more forgiving than liquid. However, if you're already good with other liners you won't need these since they really aren't great as shadows.

    I'd love more colors but they had hardly any colors at my old target and at the one near me now they don't have elf at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I agree, I wish more colors had less glitter and I also wish they had a white shade. My target only has e.l.f around the holidays and usually they only have sets. I usually have to order all of my e.l.f directly from their website. I am glad you found a good use for turkish coffee!

      Delete
  2. God I hate French Lace, it's as if attempting to use child's crayons on the lids...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it dry? I didn't have any issues with any of the shades being dry for me. I just wish they had better staying power.

      Delete
  3. Dry as hell it was indeed :), I could not even apply it.

    I think I'd be interested in seeing a post about storage - how do you store all that stuff? I'm running out of ideas myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have recently purchased some of the muji acrylic drawers and they are wonderful! The rest of my stuff I store in a dresser for now. I will work on a post about storage :)

      Delete